Sunday, April 12, 2009

a brand new blog

yeppo you got it im a newbie to this "blogging" they call it.
you might ask, "why did you start blogging bec?"
and i would say, "well it all started one cold autumn evening when i was talking to my mother. you see sometimes i talk alot, almost non-stop infact. it usually happens when ive had something particularly fascinating happen or if i just havent talked alot that day. on this evening i hadnt left the house the whole day and since i am out of credit i hadnt spoken to anyone all day. finally my mother and sister got home and straight away i sat in the kitchen and started talking to mother. after about 15 minutes of my mother listening to me talk and being able to say about three words she had had enough. she looked at me, exasperated, and said 'bec go tell someone who cares.' this brought me to a standstill. who would care about my useless rambling? who would help me talk out my issues so that they made sense? who would answer all my questions? i presented these problems to my mother and she said 'im sure someone out there would find you interesting, there are millions of people in the world.' i sat, dumbfounded, trying to figure out where i could find said people. i hopped onto myspace to see if there was anyone that would deal with my musing. there wasnt. then a friend of mine changed her status to a blogsite. i hadnt known she was a blogger so i visited the sight. i read through every single one of her blogs, all of them halarious and all of them virtually pointless. this is what led me to begin a blog."
thats what i would say.

so even though my own mother doesnt find me interesting, hopefully this blog will find its way to somebody who does.
and even if it doesnt this should give everyone elses ears a rest :)

before the startling realisation mentioned above i was talking to my mother about a line from a kate miller-heidke song. she sings im a baby boomers daughter, and im never gonna reach nirvana.
i love this line but ive never actually understood what it meant which lead me to wonder what a baby boomer is. like id heard of a baby boomer in english in the school term just gone but it wasnt what i was doing for my story so it hadnt bothered me too much. but now it did so heres my answer.

baby boomers are the people born soon after the vietnam war. so basically when all the men came back from war all the ladies got laid and that made the baby boomer generation. i still didnt really get it till i looked at what the stereotypes of the baby boomers were. they were hippies :)
now i get it. if you're a baby boomer it was all about the music, drugs and reaching nirvana. but if you're a baby boomers daughter alls you're gonna hear about is how good nirvana is but theres no clear way to reach it, unlike in the 50s and 60s.

i love that feeling of realisation. of smartness. of understanding. its the best.
i feel so enlightened :)

now that i feel satisfied i think im going to end my first blog.
thanks for reading.
love bec xx

No comments:

Post a Comment