Friday, January 1, 2010

Hello 2010, it's very nice to meet you.

Well, well, well, how was everybodies New Years?

We drank at Sarah Jeans and made our way down to the beach in time to see Kate Miller-Heidke and the fireworks :) And I had my first New Years kiss :)
Sarah Jeans was actually really good, don't really remember all that much about it haha. But then again, that's the way that New Years is meant to be, right? It was so good to see Kate Miller, I had been in need of a dance for a very long time :) and we saw so many people there! The boys from school, Matt, Jeremey, Mark Jenny and Sarah, Tory, Joanna, creek boys and probablmore people that I've forgotten. And Sarah Jeans parents were legendary.
Work today was death though. Absolute death.


Well lets recap, shall we?
2009 was the start of the most important year of my schooling career. Everyone saw the tears, the tantrums and the triumphs. There were parts I hated like QCS and Term 3, parts I'll always miss like Swimming Carnivals, Sports Days and Cross Country and parts that I'll always remember like Formal and Graduation. At the time I hated school but now I miss it more than anything. I guess the saying "You don't know what you've got until it's gone" is actually true. I miss the people, the teachers, the structure and hell I even miss the learning. I miss everything. But also all good things must come to an end and now that it has at least I can look back at my highschool experience with a sense of fondness. Besides, I'm sure that in time I won't miss it at much... I hope anyways.
2009 was also the year of me finally getting a social life. I don't know what I would be like if Sarah Jean hadn't invited me to Adams that night. I've been out almost every weekend since then :) I became better friends with Ron Ron, Tom, Riess and the current creek boys because of it, not to mention the Sarahs. I learnt to handle my alcohol a lot better since then, thank god. Apart from going out to parties more I also went out more, just in general, and got a lot more confident because of it.
2009 was the year of the Sarahs. Goodbye to Nutter, finally. I gained so many better friends, ones that actually treat me right. I finally feel like I'm worth something. I know that I always have someone to turn to, someone to talk to, someone that will be there for me. I respect myself a lot more because of the shit with Nutter. I am a better person because of it.
2009 was a year for maturing. I had my first proper boyfriend, lost my virginity, had my heart broken for the first time and survived it all :) I made choices about my future, handled being the parent for a while and I sacrificed my present happiness in the hope for future happiness.
One year ago i decided that 2009 was going to be the year of growth. And boy did it exceed expectations :)

So now onto 2010 and what I want from it.
First of all, what this year is going to be.
2010 will be the year of accepting change.
Since, whether I like it or not, this year is going to be full of changes and it will be much easier if I can accept said changes.
2010 will also be the year of me being more creative.
I want to learn to sew so I can make things for people and myself. I want to blog better and I want to be more artsy.
And in 2010 I will save. I will save.

I think that's all for now, I'm going to start my scrapbook diary thing :)
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment