Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Orientation day 1

So I had orientation today (duhhhh). It was amazing!! I got there late (woops) but it wasn't that embarrassing. To start with they talked about what to expect from the course. They said that if they thought that this class was going to be a bludge because it's a drama course they could get out right now. I really liked that because I'm sick of people thinking I'm stupid because I'm doing a drama course. Drama is one of the hardest things I've ever done. Then we had morning tea and I had a mini freak out because I'm retarded like that but then a girl called Miriam introduced herself and then everything was fine :) We had a scavenger hunt and out of pure luck I got put in the group with most of the boys :) Not in that way boys are just so much easier to talk to. I made friends with Alex and two girls (I feel so bad that I can't remember their names!) and they all live on campus so hello uni parties!! They were really nice and easy to talk to and they were all far away from home and it was great to have someone in the same boat as me. The scavenger hunt was actually really fun we got so much free shit like a diary, wrist band, "rape" whistle, wall and pocket calendars, a gym session and probably other stuff. Then we had more team stuff where we talked with our main lecturer/teacher dude about our hopes and fears of the course. Most people had fears about failing or realising that this course wasn't for them. I don't see it that way at all. At the end of the day if I fail or if I graduate then realise that I want to do something completely different I still would have gained so much. I'm only scared about loosing my coast friends. Then we had third year theatre students come and act out people that weren't prepared for uni which was fun. Then a free sausage sizzle and I chilled with Alex and the girls again. Then back in for a library walk through and then Sarah Jean picked me up :)
I LOVE UNI. 
We went to see Tom at his new house. It's so nice :) and his flatmates Charlotte and Gabby (apart from being incredibly hot) are really lovely :) He was telling me about things I said on Saturday night. Holy crap I must have been a mess. I am so embarrassed. I blushed. That's how bad it was. Tom told me I shouldn't be embarrassed though, he said that he really liked our conversations that we had that night. We chilled with Tom for a couple of hours then Sarah Jean dropped me home.
I desperately wish that me and Tom had good conversation all the time, not just when I'm a mess. I get shy around him so often and it's really bad. I bet if I could be completely myself around him we would date. Man I wish I didn't like him.
Anyways I'm off because Christine will be home soon and I don't want her to think I'm a massive internet hog.
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment